Pomegranate juice began to be used for the treatment and prevention of various diseases since antiquity. Diabetes in this case is also no exception. The pomegranate contains substances that are able to strengthen the walls of blood vessels and destroy atherosclerotic plaques. It contains a small amount of sugar. How to use pomegranate with diabetes?
The fruit contains many useful substances that are included in its composition. In the garnet is present:
In the garnet is present:
- up to 20% glucose and fructose,
- up to 10% malic, oxalic, succinic acid,
- nitrogenous and tannins.
Pomegranate contains 15 amino acids, 6 of which are found only in meat.
Is it possible to eat pomegranate for diabetes? Based on its rich chemical composition, experts recommend that patients suffering from this disease should include the fetus in their diet.
Useful properties of pomegranate
How is pomegranate useful for type 2 diabetes? The fruit has healing qualities for people who suffer from this disease:
- The condition of the blood vessels is normalized.
- Simulates metabolism.
- Improves the functioning of the pancreas.
- Strengthens the body's defenses.
- Contributes to the destruction of atherosclerotic plaques.
- Cleans the liver and organs of the digestive tract, if you use pomegranate seeds together with seeds.
- Prevents the negative effect of insulin on the walls of blood vessels, if you eat it constantly.
- Hemoglobin level is normalized, which helps to prevent anemia.
Recently, scientists have found that pomegranate is able to prevent the occurrence of cancer. The risks of developing tumors of the mammary and prostate glands are particularly minimized.
Pomegranate juice due to its amazing properties is very useful for diabetics. It has a sour taste, but adding sugar is prohibited. It is not necessary for patients to drink juice bought in a store because of the sugary substances contained in it.
Can I use pomegranate with type 2 diabetes
Most fruits are forbidden to include in the diet for diabetes due to the high sugar content. An exception is made only for pomegranate due to its medicinal properties.
The fruit can be included in the diet for the disease of both types, despite the fact that it contains sugar. After all, it enters the body of the patient along with vitamins, salts and amino acids. These substances do not allow an increase in blood glucose levels and, thus, do not harm the diabetic. These special properties of the fetus allow you to include it in the diet of such patients constantly.
Proper use of pomegranate will allow diabetic patients to maintain the functioning of internal organs in a normal state.
It is necessary to eat grains with stones and drink pomegranate juice daily, but there are some restrictions. Pomegranate can be eaten no more than one per day. It must be ripe and not contain harmful substances (chemicals). Pomegranate juice can not drink immediately, but it is better to drink it a little during the day. This also applies to the fruit, you need to eat it in reasonable quantities. In this case, the patient should follow a diet and exercise.
Only with the right use of pomegranate will he benefit the diabetic.
How to drink pomegranate juice with the disease
Doctors recommend drinking pomegranate juice for diabetes, but comply with certain restrictions.
Before preparing the drink, you need to remove the bones and white partitions so that it does not affect its taste. Juice can be consumed in the following dosage: 60 drops per 100 ml of water. On the day you can drink no more than 1.5 cups of drink.
The effect of pomegranate juice on the human body
Pomegranate juice in type 2 diabetes will bring the following benefits to the patient's body:
- Due to the low-calorie content of the drink, it is a dietary product. Therefore, it can be drunk with problems with excess weight.
- Juice has diuretic and choleretic qualities, because of this, it can be drunk for people with high blood pressure and edema. Such symptoms in diabetes - not uncommon.
- The iron contained in fruits can increase the level of iron in the blood and prevent the development of anemia.
- Fruit normalizes the general condition of the human body due to antioxidants that are part of it. They remove the harmful substances from the body in the form of high cholesterol. This has a beneficial effect on diabetes.
- Drinking a drink every day has a positive impact on the work of the digestive tract.
- From complications of diabetes, it is good to drink juice with honey.
- With the disease appears such an unpleasant symptom as genital itching. Honey along with juice can alleviate or eliminate a similar problem.
Daily intake of pomegranate juice in the appropriate dosage helps to improve the condition of the whole body.
Use in food of other parts of pomegranate
How to use pomegranate in diabetes? Patients can include in the diet not only grains or juice. You can use the rest of the pomegranate as follows:
- All parts of the plant (bark, leaves) are effective for heart disease. But it is very important for diabetics to maintain it in a normal state.
- A decoction of the peel will help with diseases of the stomach. It is especially effective in diarrhea.
- A special powder is prepared from the bark that can be used to treat wounds on the skin.
- Dry bones are able to normalize hormones in both women and men.
- A decoction of pomegranate bark is able to cope with stomatitis and reduce joint pain.
Pomegranate due to its healing properties makes it possible to use it in many diseases and to alleviate the condition of the patient with diabetes.
Harm and contraindications of the use of pomegranate
What harm and health benefits of pomegranate in type 2 diabetes? The fruit has many medicinal qualities, but, despite this, there are limitations in its use. The high content of acids in the fruit can destroy the tooth enamel, cause the development of caries and the occurrence of dark scurf.
To reduce the negative impact of juice, it is best to drink it through a straw, and after taking it, rinse your mouth with water.
Pomegranate has the following contraindications:
- gastrointestinal diseases (gastritis with high acidity),
- individual intolerance of the fetus,
- allergic reactions
- hemorrhoids and anal fissures,
If the peel of the fetus is used as a medicine, then it should be taken with caution because of the harmful alkaloids in the composition.
How to include in the diet of pomegranate diabetes? The fetus will only benefit the body of a patient with diabetes, if you observe the required dose of administration, as well as adhere to the correct method of its use.