Who faced with Glyukofazhem knows that he is a biguanide - a means of reducing blood sugar. They prescribe a drug for the normalization of metabolic processes in the body, when cell sensitivity to insulin deteriorates, glucose concentration rises and the amount of fat deposits increases. Its action is similar to the tablets Glucophage Long. What distinguishes Glucophage from Glucophage Long is discussed further.
How does the drug
Glucophage is considered an effective cure for hyperglycemia, which increases the susceptibility of the hormone insulin receptors and increases the speed of sugar breakdown. Due to the improvement of metabolic processes, the drug prevents the accumulation of harmful fats. It does not increase the production of insulin and does not lead to hypoglycemia, so it is prescribed for use even by those who do not have diabetes. What is the difference of this Glucophage from Long?
Glyukofazh Long has the same properties, only longer acting. Due to the greater concentration of the main substance metformin tablets are longer absorbed into the body and their long-term effect. The difference between the usual Glyukofazh and Glyukofazh Long in the form of produced drugs. In the second case, the dose of the tablet is 500 mg, 850 mg and 1000 ml. This allows you to take it only once or twice a day.
Both drugs stand out for the following benefits:
- help in the treatment of diabetes,
- normalization of glucose and insulin,
- improvement of metabolic processes and carbohydrate absorption,
- prevention of vascular diseases by reducing cholesterol.
To take the drug can only be prescribed by a better doctor. Unauthorized pills can harm health. In the pharmacy, they are released only by prescription.
When take Glucophage
The drug is prescribed for use in the following cases:
- type 2 diabetes mellitus in an insulin-independent form in the case of an ineffective diet in adults,
- Type 2 diabetes in children who have reached the age of 10 years and above
- severe obesity
- cell insulin immunity.
The dosage of the drug is prescribed by the attending physician and is individual for each case. If the patient does not have side effects and there are no contraindications, Glucophage is prescribed for a long period. The initial dosage of the drug is not more than 1 g per day. After half a month, the volume is increased to 3 g per day, if the tablets are well tolerated by the body. This is the maximum dose of medication, which is divided into several receptions during a meal.
If we say that the usual Glucophage or Glucophage Long is better, then for the convenience of taking the medication, choose the second type of drug. He will allow to drink a pill only once or twice a day and not burden itself with frequent receptions. However, the effect on the body of both drugs is the same.
Glyukofazh as Glyukofazh Long is not recommended to use in the presence of such states:
- ketoatsitosis, an ancestor and a coma,
- renal dysfunction,
- infectious diseases in acute form
- heart attack, heart failure,
- the postoperative period,
- pulmonary insufficiency
- serious injuries
- severe poisoning
- alcohol consumption,
- the period of pregnancy and breastfeeding,
- X-ray radiation
- lactic acidosis
- age to 10 and after 60 years, especially if there are increased physical activity.
In a separate article, we were quite versed in the compatibility of glucofaz and alcohol.
The drug may not be tolerated by the body and cause side effects. At this time, various symptoms may occur.
In the digestive system:
- stomach upset,
- feeling nauseous
- loss of appetite
- taste of metal in the mouth,
- flatulence, accompanied by pain.
From the side of metabolic processes:
- lactic acidosis
- violation of the absorption of vitamin B12 and, consequently, its excess.
From the work of blood-forming organs:
Manifestations on the skin:
Overdose in a person taking Glyukofazh, manifested the following symptoms:
- pain in the epigastric region,
- impaired consciousness and coordination
- rapid breathing
In the presence of the above manifestations in conjunction with taking the drug should stop using it and call emergency medical care. In this case, a person is cleaned with hemodialysis.
Glyukofazh and Glyukofazh Long do not contribute to an increase in insulin production, so they are not dangerous by a sharp decrease in sugar.
Glyukofazh accelerates the processing of fats and reduces the flow of glucose into the cells due to increased insulin susceptibility. It promotes weight loss. Therefore, the drug is often used to combat obesity. Its effect is especially effective in abdominal obesity, when a lot of fatty tissue accumulates in the upper part of the body.
The use of Glucophage for weight loss will be useful in the absence of contraindications for a slimming person. However, you should follow some rules of nutrition.
When using the drug for weight loss is necessary:
- remove fast carbs from the menu
- Follow the diet prescribed by a nutritionist or endocrinologist;
- Glucophage to take 500 mg before eating three times a day. The dosage may vary for each person, so it should be discussed with a doctor,
- when nausea occurs, the dosage should be reduced to 250 mg,
- the appearance of diarrhea after ingestion may indicate a large amount of carbohydrates consumed. In this case, they should be reduced.
Diet when taking Glyukofazh for weight loss should contain coarse fiber, whole grains, legumes and vegetables.
Not recommended for use at all:
- sugar and its products,
- bananas, grapes, figs (sweet high-calorie fruits),
- dried fruits,
- potatoes, especially in the form of mashed potatoes,
- sweet juices.
The drug Glyukofazh as Glyukofazh Long has a good effect on the heart and blood vessels, helps in the fight against obesity, and also improves health and normalizes glucose levels in diabetes mellitus. However, its use should be based on the prescription of a doctor, as the components of the drug can cause serious side effects.